Break Up Your Day with a Walk
If you’ve been working from home for most of the past year, you may find yourself hitting a wall. Working from home burnout is real — so it’s important to do what you can to give yourself a boost throughout the workday. Don’t underestimate the power of going for a walk (or, if you’re unable to walk, spending some time outside). Here are five reasons to walk with purpose.
- Perspective. Especially in these trying times, getting outside and reconnecting with nature can help broaden your perspective in a healthy way.
- Connection. Invite a friend or family member to join you in person if it’s doable, safe, and responsible, or over the phone if it isn’t.
- Learning. Try listening to an audiobook, podcast, or webinar to stimulate your mind with new information.
- Gratitude. It’s easy to get bogged down in the negative these days. What if you used your time outside to focus on what you’re thankful for?
- Productivity. Walking doesn’t always have to be a break from work — it can just be a break from sitting at your desk all day. Which meetings or phone calls could you do on the go?